Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Our First Ultrasound of Baby G!













Today we had our first ultrasound to check for Downs Syndrome and make sure the baby was progressing as planned. Many people opt not to have this test because it won't impact their decision to keep the baby or terminate. Of course, termination was never an option but there's something to be said for preparation. Well, the testing went great and the baby was absolutely perfect. The technician said she was so cooperative with her (I say it's a girl) positioning that the pics she was able to take were just great. The baby flexed like she was showing muscles, stretched, and sucked her thumb. It was the cutest thing. Ricardo said "he" was just showing daddy he was strong when he flexed. hehe. We both just looked at it in amazement. We didn't cry because we both smiled from ear to ear the entire time. I said, it's absolutely amazing to see that you actually have something in there. *Bonus for me...the technician was impressed that I was able to sit up off of the table without help. I said, the ab-roller does pay off. And, the doctor asked me how old I was because he wasn't really involved in the process and when I told him he said wow, I thought you were like 21. Um, I really liked him a lot!!!